Speaker: Andrew Stretton Event: PyData London 2017 Date: 5th May 2017 Title: Twisted up in a Distributed Tornado – a beginners guide to async frameworks in python.
Andrew will provide a tutorial on some of the core libraries which enable Zegami to process data quickly in parallel with a small number of installed dependencies. He will demonstrate how to use frameworks like Tornado and Dask/Distributed to:
- Use all processors when running a script
- Consume social media data as it is created
- Write to a database and move on to the next task without waiting for confirmation
- Call a function and throw an exception if it takes too long
- For more details and tickets see the event website: